Re: [LUG] Exeter Meeting 27th October - agenday ideas

One of the things that was brought up recently on chat was

Recompiling the kernel
Optimising Linux
Securing Linux

this was raised by Tom A and James, but I agreed it was a good idea, I said these were in a way related, as to make things more secure, you remove services, but you do the same to make things run faster, I am not an expert and yes there is far more to this than that but it would make a set of useful topics, I guess the secret is what to remove without compromising one or the other, or even both.

Not sure also but given there are so many distros out there, would it be a good idea to focus any such talks on one specific distro, e.g debian, that way it's easier to write notes, handouts, we can always discuss how to do the same with other distros, at a later meeting.

I have a map (a-z) of exeter, so if someone can give me a lift from paignton, then I will bring the map along, so we can find where we are going.

Paul

Simon Waters wrote:

Simon Waters wrote:
off to add more details to the website.

Map we used for previous meeting at St Peter's

http://tinyurl.com/8gms4

It is a terrible map of the area, so I suggest travelling with someone
who knows, as a lot of members have been to this venue in the past.