Re: [LUG] Installing subversion on Red Hat 9

Philip

I've just installed Subversion on my Mandrake 10 box and had all sorts of
similar headaches relating to libraries and Apache.

My v1.2.5 (the latest from the svn site) "make install"ed fine and the
resulting local clients (svn & svnadmin) worked fine.

I had to google around quite a bit to find enough info to make it all
work. I'm not sure my problems are related to yours much though I'd
imagine you're in a better position in that there are some (semi-)official
RPMs available from the svn website - have you tried those?

I didn't need swig (well it didn't crop up as an issue) tho I did use the
configure command to add in berkeley db support into the svn make - it's
not standard.

Stick with it though. svn is the DBs - I'm using it for a complex XML
DocBook document at the mo...

Good luck

Mart