Re: [LUG] Using Synaptic

On Friday 16 Sep 2005 09:35, Ray Smith wrote:
> I have installed knoppix debian  to harddisk and updated. downloaded
> synaptic.When I try to run I am told to use as root but cant connect to the
> display 0:0 . Other programs Í installed using apt run ok. Any help please
> ?
>
> Ray.
> Sent wirelessly using P910i.
>

> --

As a temporary measure, as a user, type

xhost +
 in a command line - and press enter.

This is not the most secure thing in the world, so once you have finished,type

xhost -

and press enter :)

Alterantively, if using KDE, you could try

kdesu -c synaptic

which should bring up a dialog box where you type in your password - then you
can run synaptic
Mark