Re: [LUG] Ideas for Exeter meeting (6th October??)

Rob Beard wrote:

Simon Waters wrote:

I'm trying to get an Exeter venue for an evening meeting, Thursday 6th
October is favourite at the moment (well our favourite venue is busy
Wednesdays at the moment).

So pencil the date in.

I'll post here, and the website when we have a confirmed venue.

A "jumble sale" element has been proposed, not that I believe anyone can
be short of secondhand computer equipment (or is it just me that has it
littering the place at both home and work?) but maybe between us we have
what everyone else needs.

(Before the list descends into a babble of hardware exchange messages
can I suggest the prefix "HW:" for hardware sales/buying related
messages. So those who have enough RAM can skip them.)

I think also we should try to always have a "planned meeting" in the
Forthcoming meetings section. It looks more dynamic. So can someone plan
something a lot further in the future, or at least suggest some ideas.

Simon

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but for any talks that are done, would it be possible for them to be recorded somehow? (either video, or audio) and then put onto CD/DVD?

I haven't been able to make it to one of the talks yet, only made it to the BBQ in August.

Rob

I'm quite willing to "document" a formal event with my camera if the presenters are willing to be filmed. Although I will warn you that I am still getting to grips with it, FC3 / Kino / Camera are fine its just the "editor" is not compatible with the rest of the system, as for the camera man .... bit of a shakey hand Im afraid.... Time to dust off the old tripod.

As for a theme for a forthcomming formal meeting, I would like to suggest education. This is a "market" ripe for FLOSS with various reports posturing over its future, surely its time we as a group gave it a gentle nudge in the right direction ?

I hope this gets through as blueyonder seem to have got themselves black listed as an open relay AGAIN ! so this is my second attempt to send this!!!!

Tom