Re: [LUG] ClamAV - scanning

Grant Sewell wrote:

Mark is right, but if your machine is running as a mailserver to which Windows boxes will
connect, you may want to run ClamAV against your mail directories.  However, most mail systems
now support "on the fly" scanning by applications such as ClamAV, which would
therefore negate the need for generalistic scans in your crontab.

Amavis-new is the tool for the job, plugs directly in postfix exim etc and uses clamAV (or other virus scanners) also integrates with spamassassin. Works a treat for me on my mail server.

Robin