Re: [LUG] new USB devices

Not quite sure but with me:

- Create a mount point (ie a directory)
- Mount the drive to that directory

The mount command I used (as root: I have not been worked out how to
mount it as a user) is

mount -t vfat /dev/sda /mnt/usbHD

ie as root: mount
        -t vfat [type of the file system]
        /dev/sda [where the device is physically attached]
        /mnt/usbHD [the directory on my system that I have created]

At the BBQ, I gathered that the next stages were amend /etc/fstab so
that the usb was readable by the appropriate users (man fstab). I have
not done this yet