Re: [LUG] PC for Grabs

Completely off even this topic - David, you remember those mobos you
gave me in the late 90s, just when Harry Potter had first come out (your
wife was reading it in the car at the time). Well, as of last contact in
april they were still (a) a firewall and (b) a modest server, though
feeling a bit stunned with a pair of 120gb disks attached to it via an
ata/133 raid card. Largest disk at the time they were made was what?
4gb? And we were all pretty gobsmacked by the move to gigabyte storage
capacity. Who remembers the Quantum Bigfoot drives - a half height 5"
format single platter 1-2gb range disk? Cheapest GB capacity drive going
at the time, must have been using up obsolescent stock from higher end
stuff for they seemed to be pretty reliable, know at least two which are
still running some 6 or 7 years later.

Malcolm
(who chickened out of a move to Sidmouth when we realised how hard it
would be running a property company at long range, so slinked into the
Cotswolds instead for a few years until the kids are a bit older).