Re: [LUG] KMail - Plain text

On Sunday 21 Aug 2005 20:12, Neil Williams wrote:

> I'm still not sure what you mean - I see no split window with HTML mail -
> just the security warning if there's no plain text component.

By split I mean the separated menu pane that appears at the botom giving one
the choice of opening up a pgp message in plain text.

> Sorry, decent clients will always indicate that a signed message is
> actually signed so there'll always be some indication, even if it's not
> colour.

Couldn't agree more but I would like to be able to either select plain text as
a default or merely have an icon appear to indicate that the message was
signed: not have a great, obtrusive, technicolour blurb splashed across the
top and bottom of the message.  Even highly classified documentation doesn't
go that far - except in Hollywood films.

> You can turn off all the colours in the KMail config. See under Appearance.

You mean go back to a world of DOS 3.5 and Hercules 12" displays :0

> > Didn't mean to start a flame (er well a flicker) with this thread -
>
> ? eh ? What gave you that idea?

Well I only arsked a simple question to start wiv :)

Thanks Neil, I didn't want this to become a moan - too easy at my age.
However if you would care to join me on discussing eng-us (eng-eng) v
eng-british defaults in Linux distros, plus all the other "there's only one
nation in this world" zenophobic linux defaults - I'll start up a new
discussion list. :0

--
W.Devon