Re: [LUG] Realplayer summary

Henry Bremridge wrote:
> Problem: on Debian Sarge:

>>edit /etc/profile and add to the PATH line real players path (example
>>taken from my system)
>>
>>PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/usr/RealPlayer"
>>

> Added

What did you add, hopefully *NOT* the same as my example

As the path MUST include the location of YOUR RealPlayer directory.

If its in a users home directory then /etc/profiles is not the place to
add the path as all users will get this path.

>>The go to bbc.co.uk/news and watch the video news :-)
>

> I get the following error message "could not find an appropriate hxplay
> or realplay in the system path to use as an embedded player" and then
> when I click ok; firefox closes

Yes, the path

> I get the same message when I try and listen to the radio
> (www.bbc.co.uk/radio) but then firefox continues
>
> Went to the bbc site http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/audiohelp_nix.shtml
> and will try some of the suggestions there.
>
> If I want to uninstall RealPlayer and start again installing it as root,
> how do I uninstall?

Just remove the RealPlayer directory

then run as root the installer choose a place to install and use this
location for the path in /etc/profile

Regards

Robin