[LUG] Disk Corruption

Hello

I have managed to some how corrupt my Linux drive.

I shut down out of linux then the next time I booted it failed to load
the GUI & was saying about running fsck. Which I did but it made no
differnce.

Now it doesn't even get that far grub starts to load then I get:

Grub Loading, please wait
Error 17

Are there any linux disk check/repair utils I can run to repair this
volume (or anything utils that will run in windows as the system is
dual boot)?

Thank you
Steve