[LUG] BBC opensource projects

For those who are interested, the BBC has a section on their opensource
projects:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/opensource/

The list includes CPAN modules and Apache modules related to their website
generation config, codecs for digital video and a few others.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/opensource/projects/

"This site provides information about and links to BBC open source projects.
It lists projects developed by the BBC where the source code has been
released as open source. The site doesn't cover the many open source projects
to which the BBC has contributed, but only those that the BBC has initiated
and managed itself.

For the BBC, open source software development is an extension of our Public
Service remit. Releasing open source software helps our audience get
additional value from the work they've funded, and also get tools for free
that they couldn't get any other way. It also allows people outside the BBC
to extend projects in such a way that may in future be used in the BBC."

Licences (as suitable to the particular project) include:

GPL (GNU General Public License)
GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
Apache License Version 2.0
The Mozilla Public License, version 1.1.
BSD License

--

Neil Williams