Re: [LUG] August BBQ, year 2

On Tuesday 05 July 2005 10:56 am, Neil Williams wrote:
> -> Meetings -> PageCalendar ... Hmm. I'll have to work on making THAT
> easier!!! (It's not as easy a fix as the News page, I'm afraid.)

Note to self: Try to fix things BEFORE claiming they are hard to fix or people
won't believe you when things really ARE hard to fix!!!

It's done!

More by policy than scripts though. It's hard to automate things within the
wiki but that just means we should use the Wiki as designed - if you need a
link to somewhere in the wiki, use the wiki to create it!
:-)

So creating a meeting page won't create the link for you, just create a link
in the main Meetings page to the forthcoming meeting just as you would for a
past meeting.

http://www.dcglug.org.uk/wiki/?id=Meetings
now contains a link:
August BBQ Year 2
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/wiki/?id=Meetings_20050820

Simultaneously, the same page in the members wiki:
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/members/wiki/?id=Meetings
inherits a link to the editable page:
August BBQ Year 2
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/members/wiki/?id=Meetings_20050820