RE: [LUG] August BBQ, year 2

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, James Wonnacott wrote:
> If someone can point me in the right direction with the wiki I'll
> do my best to get it organised. Hoe to see as many as can make it
> sometime in August.

For informal meetings like this, use the Wiki pages: Login to the website and
go the members wiki pages:
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/members/wiki/

Click on Meetings

Bottom of the page, click on PageCalendar

If the meeting is not within this current month, click on the month to see the
full year.

e.g.
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/members/wiki/?id=calendar/Meetings&year=2005

Click on the date of the meeting to go to a page for that date, opened ready
for editing if there's nothing else on that date.

Enter details of the meeting, just like any other Wiki page. Make a note of
the page name, of the type Meetings_yyyymmdd. Save the page. The date will be
highlighted in the calendar view.

Finally, create a link to this calendar page from the main Meetings page by
editing the page and adding something like:

![Paignton Rugby Club | Meetings_20050203] - Thu 3rd-Feb-2005

Change the _2005... according to the title of the calendar page you've
created: Meetings_yyyymmdd.

Your calendar page will be automatically listed on the forthcoming events
page:
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_uk/events.php
as soon as you create it - provided you create it from the Meetings page
calendar links.

Alternatively, use the Create an Event link from the Members Area if you have
a more formal event with guest presenters, specific talk topics etc.

I'll create a Wiki FAQ that will store these tips.

--

Neil Williams