[LUG] Unusual activiy...

Hi all.

Just recently my main computer (Debian Sid) has been acting a little bit strangely.
About every 3rd day or so, at about 10:30pmish the harddrive thrashes like you
wouldn't believe and bring the machine to an unusably slow state for about 10-15
minutes, and then resumes business as normal, but for some reason KDE has lost it's
ability to actually manage Windows or virtual desktops, so I cannot actually do
anything besides reset the X session, which is not ideal.

Incidentally, and I have no idea whether this is related or not but... I have
noticed that I also seem to have an unusual process running: /USR/SBIN/CRON.  Now, I
know cron is not unusual, but should it be in upper case when shown with "ps auxwww"?

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.