[LUG] 3D graphics cards

Hi,
I have slight problem. I have an sis650 graphics card. In mandriva setup it says it has 3d acceleration but It will not quickly run any 3d design programs or games. I googled it and found the sis won't release its information on 3d acceleration so I can't run big 3d programs. If anyone knows where I can get a driver for 3d acceleration that would be helpful. Otherwise does any one know or uses relatively cheap 3d acceleration cards supported under Linux so I can run 3d design and the like.
Thanks

--
Tom (the younger)