[LUG] Exim4 set up / tutorial website or book required

Running debian sarge

I am having some problems with sending email. Sometimes the email goes through,
sometimes it is rejected with the message "SMTP error from remote mailer ..... after
RCPT to ...... Relaying denied".

The odd thing (to a newbie like me) is that to the same email address:
a) Sometimes the email goes through
b) Sometimes the email is rejected by the recipient server

All very irritating, and obviously my exim4 set up is wrong

Finally when I look at the headers of messages I have sent from my debian box, the
headers contain far too much information, compared to other email headers, and I
would like to keep the header information to an absolute minimum

Question

I have tried going through the man exim pages, and I have even tried to read the
www.exim.org documentation: despite the rather offputting phrase that "this is very
much a reference manual and not a tutorial.

As I need a tutorial, does anyone know of:
- Any website where I learn about configuring exim4
- Any website where I can copy a exim4 configuration and use that to learn how it
works (using the reference manual)
- Any "dummies guide" book to exim4 that they would recommend. (When I searched
amazon they changed the search criteria to "exam", the only other books I saw was
the o'reilly book and the official exim4 book)

Many thanks

Henry