Re: [LUG] net_dev->type problems

Robin Cornelius wrote:
Does anyone know when it is allowed to change the type of a linux network device (kernel space) by setting the type variable? I want to change it from ARPHRD_ETHER to ARPHRD_IEEE80211 to signal that my device driver is in RF Monitor mode, but doing this seems to cause the net device to go crazy and generate packets of rubbish from thin air.

Looking at other device drivers has told me nothing and googling has not been sucessful either, so any help welcome!

I've not (yet done any research on this, but have you looked at drivers/net/wireless/airo.c ?

jd

--

John Daragon                                          john@xxxxxxxxxx
argv[0] limited