Re: [LUG] Batch files and Alias's

On Thu, 19 May 2005 15:46:42 +0100, Henry Bremridge <debian@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Debian Sarge:

I have changed # /root/.bashrc so that when I enter "ls" as root I get the command
ls --color etc etc

However no what I do to $~/.bashrc I cannot get any alias to work. Even if I delete
the file alltogether nothing happens.

Can someone point out to me what other files need to be changed so that I can set
up alias's for myself as user

Many thanks

is this an gnome terminal window?

in profile>title and command have you got the 'login shell' box ticked
if not ticked it does not read the .bashrc :-)

Dave
(who took hours to get ~/bin added to his path!)

--
http://www.morgad.no-ip.info/index.html    gpg:0x64B5E037
Distributed Proofreaders: http://www.pgdp.net