[LUG] IMAP Mail Server

Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the right direction for setting up an IMAP server on linux. I am currently running WorkGroupMail, a windows based IMAP/POP sever but it is very unstable and crashes more often than it should.

I believe there is an IMAP daemon under linux but I think this would simply forward incoming mail to the relevant user mailbox rather than allowing the creation of public folders to be set up (like say Outlook/Exchange) i.e. mailboxes allowing multiple users with different access rights.

So far my search via google etc has returned nothing significant.

Regards
Philip Radford.