Re: [LUG] installing debian packages - another question

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 21:38, PAUL SUTTON wrote:
Back again

Sorry about this

I can now search for the packages I want.

On a slightly different note.

I have also downloaded wineX (or cedega),  I have a set of deb files in
my home directory,  but am unsure how to install them from a local
directory,  I have read up a little on this, but it did not really give
clear instructions

Right back in linux now (thats soooo much better!)

just do

dpkg -i packagename.deb

if you have a depenency it will should about it but just use apt to pull it in
as necessary

--
Robin Cornelius
robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx