Re: [LUG] Problems with APT...

Grant Sewell wrote:
Hi all.

Just a quick question: is anyone else having problems with their
Debian setups?  Every time this week I have tried to "apt-get update"
I get a tonne of connection errors regardless of which mirror I use,

I think it is something related to your own connections, - you and Bob. I have several systems with varying connection setups and none have had recurrent problems. Occasionally, one fails to get the package lists but it is always resolved at the next attempt.

and then when I try to do an "apt-get upgrade" I get a bunch of
"connection timed out" and "data socket timed out" errors.  It's
getting to be quite irritating.

Change the time of your upgrade requests and use cron-apt to do an upgrade at times when the system (and your ISP's systems) are quietest.

--

Neil Williams