Re: [LUG] TV Card recomendations

Hmm,

Probably so I can watch TV on my computer, However I hardly really watch tv these days, so if I go for a capture card, can I plug a vcr / dvd player in and watch dvds/videos, and perhaps transfer tape to dvd, hence I can reduce a large number of pre recorded tapes I have lying around.

Paul

Julian Hall wrote:
Paul Sutton wrote:

I am looking to get a TV card, does anyone have any recommendations, I have done a google search, but I would like some personal recomendations, in addition to whats on various websites

Paul

Hi Paul,

Just to clarify, do you mean a TV Capture card you can plug a TV feed into (ie video etc) or a TV card with its' own tuner capability? Very different prices, specs and Linux driver availability :)

Kind regards,

Julian

PAIGNTON RUGBY CLUB ARE LOOKING FOR SPONSORS.

Options include Ball, and match sponsorship, Team Sponsorship
and advertising banners which last the whole season (September - May 1st)

Please visit.
www.paigntonrugby.co.uk - click sponsorship for details.

Linux -

Free your mind, save money, Use Linux and open source.
Open source,  don't get left in the dark ages, migrate now.
www.linux.org