Re: [LUG] Broadband

On Fri, 13 May 2005 20:00:13 +0100
George Duller wrote:

One of my friends uses Suse 9.1 and wishes to have a broadband
connection to the web. He has sought my advice, but as I have absolutely
no experience of broadband I am seeking your help.

Which service provider is best able to meet his needs please?

I'm with Prodigynet.  They seem pretty good - the only occasion that I needed to
speak to their support services (which was the 1st week I had broadband, and that
was to actually confirm that they had activated my line) I managed to get through to
an actual engineer.  Although he may not have known/understood about Linux certainly
understood about networking and was happy to talk sensibly to me once I had
convinced him that I teach CCNA.

Erm... enough of the drunken ramble.

This topic has come up a couple of times in recent months and the general consensus
seems that Eclipse are a good bunch to go with.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.