Re: [LUG] Virus scanners??

On 5/4/05, Mark Mitchell <m.l.mitchell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Try www.insecure.org - it's not exactly what you're looking for but .
. . well, anyway the "bugtraq" link on the front page should be
informative.

Basically as long as you're not using a release that's years old you
shouldn't have two many problems, try to minimise the number of
services you run (e.g. Apache always has new exploits).

Apache doesn't have that many exploits - there are usually a few
exploits around for specific modules such as mod_php, can't remember
the last mod_perl exploit, and the few apache exploits that exist are
rarely a problem for a well configured system.

I can leave Linux/Apache/Perl/Mysql Systems unchanged for months or
years at a time because of the lack of vulnerabilities, attacks on
those vulnerabilities and strict firewall and configuration rules.

I keep an eye on the RHN errata but 99% of the updates are low
priority and/or stuff I don't have installed or new features.

A.