Re: [LUG] Thunderbird - sharing mail between Windows and Linux

Jeremy Pearson wrote:

Someone has already worked this out:

http://www.pcquest.com/content/linux/2004/104050805.asp

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I went the simplistic way of just copying the whole of my Profile folder onto a FAT32 formatted partition and pointing both Linux and Windows installations at the same place. It works OK. Some issues with it forgetting filters but I'll work those out as I need them. Th only other thing I notice is that now when I use the Linux based installation there is a noticeable pause while it reads the FAT32 drive before displaying the contents of folders.

Alex, a good idea about the IMAP server, unfortunately I don't have another machine, only this one and my laptop. I suppose I *could* run an IMAP server on this one. Would that work?

Kind regards,

Julian