Re: [LUG] Network problems 2

aaron Moore wrote:

tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME"Internal Error

'Bad network name' suggests to me at least that the domain or local network names of the Windows box and Linux don't match up. e.g. the Linux box could have AARON'S_NETWORK or whatever and the Windows box could still be left on the default which IIRC is just the word DOMAIN, or vice versa. So trying to connect the two is not going to work. You're seeing an MSHOME icon in your network (actually something is nagging my head now as I write that for XP Home the default domain is MSHOME) but what you're not seeing is that the network is the same as the one you're currently on.

For example I see an icon for TARTARUS when I look in my network because that's what mine is called. MSHOME suggests Windows is on that nework.

I could be completely wrong but it's a place to start from :)

Kind regards,

Julian