Re: [LUG] Mandrake 10.1 stilly playing silly so-n-sos

Any ideas gratefully received.

OK then, but nothing earth-shattering I'm afraid:

Are you *sure* your hardware & network cabling are OK? Would it be worth
booting from a live CD a few times in succession just to rule out any
potential hardware problems? Slax is my personal favourite.

In my (limited) experience I find that most niggling problems like this
can be fixed by a clean install of the distro. Probably seems like a
drastic solution, but it only takes half an hour or so, and you're
guarenteed to have a "clean" system. Especially when you could be tearing
your hair out for the same half an hour getting nowhere.

Jeremy