[LUG] USB drive: auto-mounting

I've configured /etc/fstab with an entry for mounting a USB disk, so now I
can put the disk in the USB slot, type "mount /dev/sda1" and it's mounted
at /mnt/usbdrive.

Thing is, I'd really like this to happen automatically (like it does in
Knoppix, and apparently in Windows XP too), so that putting the disk in
the USB slot causes it to be instantly mounted.

Anyone know how to do this? I'm running Slackware 10.1 with KDE 3.3 and
GNOME 2.8

Thanks;
Jeremy