Re: [LUG] Sound Problem

Grant Sewell wrote:

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:59:59 +0100
Simon Robert wrote:

The usual advice on this stuff is that there is no output cable connecting the cd drive to the sound card as most PC manufacturers don't bother. I had a similar problem with xine playing CDs, but kcd not (though it recognised one was loaded). Dunno just a guess...

And if that's the case, then you should look into "digital audio extraction" capabilities in whatever application you use for CD playing - XMMS has a plugin for it on their site, that much I know.

Grant.

or you could buy the cable, £5 from PC World (can't remember what sort of cable, but a quick google should tell you), and then connect them up. I thought it was easy and if I can do it then anyone can. Only prob was that the PC hadn't been manufactured to allow much space between the sound card socket (a socket marked "sound card" or something equally identifiable on the main gubbins of the PC, not on one of the slot in cards) and the slot in card above it. But not too difficult to switch them around until one of them allowed a fit.

Typing something along the lines of "kcd no sound" into google should bring up a load of stuff on this.

Simon