Re: [LUG] Partition image / Ghost - logical volumes

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:04:25 +0100
Julian Hall wrote:

DAVID BROOK wrote:

Does anyone have a definitive answer to the following please?

a)  does Norton Ghost work for Reiser FS partitions and if yes, will
it work with Logical Volumes?

Hi David,

I have backed up my Linux partition on the laptop with Ghost albeit not
Reiser formatted.  Essentially Ghost doesn't (seem to) care what the
data is or the formatting, all it does is backup the raw data.  On that
basis I can't see a problem with using Reiser or any other file system
as all Ghost does is back up the entire partition en-bloc.  Yes it does
work with Logical volumes as my laptop is dual-booting Linix and Windows
and Linux is on a logical partition.

Being picky here, but are you (David) asking about whether Ghost works with LVM or
with logical partitioning?

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.