[LUG] Partition image / Ghost - logical volumes

Does anyone have a definitive answer to the following please?

a)  does Norton Ghost work for Reiser FS partitions and if yes, will it work with Logical Volumes?

b)  does Partition Image work with Reiser (which I believe is true), but will it work with Logical Volumes(cannot find a definitive answer to this). Does anyone know if the Partition Image project is no longer supported - have heard this to be the case.

c)  are there any other methods to make a very simple disc snap shot for security/cloning purposes (we currently use Bacula for our networked file securities, but it is not ideal for bare metal recovery situations.

Thanks folks

David