Re: [LUG] Development (this might be long!)

Hmm, i've not, no. To my mind it has always fallen into the category of "not
mainstream" (maybe that's not the best way to describe how i've always looked
on perl, but it's close enough) and has therefore passed me by. Although
before anyone jumps on me for that, i DO now know this to not be the case,
but our paths have still not crossed. What languages i get into has always to
date been dictated by what i am asked to do in my job.

Your post highlights very well i think the differences between self taught /
driven by what i need to know only and uni taught (sometimes i really wish i
HAD gone to uni!). SOAP i've heard of but haven't a clue! But, nope, WSDL,
Class::DBI, Template Toolkit? Hmm, straight over my head :O) Can they be
converted to PDF?? - LOL!!

As an aside, i came across a post on a forum somewhere about the lack of a
"delete mail from server when removed from trash" in kmail yesterday. In this
post it went into pretty good detail about what would need to be done to what
sections of the code to implement it, but the developers efforts are
elsewhere at the moment.

Since my ISP doesn't offer IMAP, yet i really do like the integration of
anti-virus and anti-spam in the recent kmail, i am currently trying to find
that post again and print it off. I know LOTS of people would love this
feature and i just checked and it's NOT been put into the new KDE3.4/KMail
1.8 release.

Maybe, just maybe, with the assistance of that mail it's something i could
look into...

Cheers,
Martin.
PS: Just found out i have £250 coming my way this week so maybe that faster PC
is just one step closer :o)