Re: [LUG] advocacy

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 15:14, Aaron Trevena wrote:

I suspect these lawyers are more interested in the legal problems

Cobblers, lasts, etc...

IANAL but I regard compliance (with licences etc) as a significant
problem, risk, effort and cost of business.
FLOSS reduces this.

I doubt there isn't a single
solicitor in cornwall or devon that couldn't be trivially compromised
(allowing access to confidential files, impersonation, etc) because
their systems are so badly setup and managed.

So we could work that up into an essay?

I suspect that I know one who is pretty well secured, but his office is
Windows-based.