RE: [LUG] quiet and reliable

Steve Marvell wrote:

I need a server PC which is small, reliable and quiet.

"If this server isn't going to be doing anything too processor intensive"

Just my thought on this.

In my bios I can set my fan to be silent,normal or enhanced cooling for  the
processor which is a 2.8 ghz P4.

If I'm encoding say a DVD to DivX at high quality settings then the time
takes from 3 1/2 hours on the silent setting (I can barely hear the computer
working apart from data being saved to disk) to just over an hour. (sounds
like a car vac)

Ray