Re: [LUG] Post and Lostwithiel Meeting

On Thursday 24 February 2005 20:15, Richard Brown wrote:
Hi

Why does post take so long to get through? I have just looked at my
gmail account and discovered a few messages re the Lostwithiel meeting.
But I have yet to receive them in my pop3 account! Any ideas?

Its all down to individual mail servers, and ISP's. Some ISP's throw a lot of
money at a nice system that seems to have banks of smtp servers that collect
mail as fast as they can and then distribute it to pop3 servers. I can have
almost real time chat on email with some people. Other mail serves and ISP's
have less power, or very high volume and just can't process mail that
quickly.

Gmails user/volume/server_power ratio must be more favourable than your pop3
server?

--

Robin Cornelius
robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx