Re: [LUG] Thunderbird problem

I'm sad to say, on a Win98se box. It was ugly! Below the bottom status bar it had a large section with some large writing on it that took up most of the space and could not be got rid of. Any ideas? I tried looking at FAQ's, etc. but nothing. What was your problem, Julian. I'm sticking with Mozilla 1.6 for the time being.

I find on a win98se box it is essential to uninstall the open source software before installing the new upgraded version. (Needless to say the uninstall gives the option of leaving all the email boxes etc behind). This has been my experience with thunderbird, firefox and open office