Re: [LUG] Some progress on sound situation...

On Thursday 17 Feb 2005 18:47, Anton Channing wrote:
Okay, have managed to get alsa working, to an extent.
I can just about hear music through the crackle (to the
extent that I could tell what song is playing if its one I
was familiar with.  Its very quiet.

In alsamixer I have sound turned up to 100 on all the
dials, including master.

On the desktop volume  thing I have also turned it up
to 100.  The speakers themselves, I've turned up the
volume until they start hissing a little.

Sounds like a problem I had once.  It turned out I had the speakers plugged
into the wrong hole!

Tony