Re: [LUG] OT: CMS

What debate? Have I missed a load of emails?

Rich

On 16 Feb 2005, at 09:56, Jeremy Pearson wrote:

I guess the real outcome of this debate shows that you should never assume
everyone in the world has the same experience when installing & using any
software, hence the polarised opinions registered here.

For what it's worth, when we transferred our Plone website to our hosting
company I sent them the "data.fs" file. Their guy immediately rang me,
explained my "error", and asked me to export the XML data from the Zope
interface instead. This was dead easy - two mouse clicks - and the
transfer between systems worken 100% (as far as we know).

Apparently "data.fs" can be freely copied between Plone installations on
identical distros, but is not (as Neil clearly points out) transferrable
between different OS's (ie between x86 Linux and Windows, as in our case).
To do this you need to export the XML data as descibed above.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Pearson
ICT Technician