Re: [LUG] OT: CMS

On 15 Feb 2005, at 20:54, Neil Williams wrote:

I disagree with you, but I do not have the time to counter each of your arguments.

For what it's worth, Plone is a very capable and standards supporting CMS. It may not be to everyone's tastes, but then neither are Mambo or any of the other CMS products out there.

For my particular choice, Plone wins because:-

* It support web standards properly. That is, it produces valid markup and is accessible.

* It is easy to use - a non techie can pick it up in 10 mins.

* It is easy to add new features - Collective on sf.net - loads of new stuff.

All the other CMS products I tried, were tricky to use, complicated or didn't support standards, simply.

matt