[LUG] Loading additional modules with Debian on 2.6?

Hi all.

I'm finally getting around to getting my TV card to work again.  I had it working
perfectly under Mandrake with a 2.4 kernel, but things have changed since then :D

I'm now running a Debian Sid system with a 2.6.10 kernel.  Under Mandrake all I had
to do was tweak my /etc/modules.conf file and all was well.

I seem to be going around in circles now, though.  Modules.conf file, however,
clearly states at the top "If you want to change or add anything please take a look
at the files in /etc/modutils and read the manpage for update-modules".  So, I
dutifully read the manpage for "update-modules" and it says "update-modules  is  an
obsolete command." yadda yadda...

So, which file would I need to edit, or would I have to use some "reconfigure"
programme, or what?

Cheers.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.