[LUG] Re: GIMP problem

From: Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena@xxxxxxxxx>

If you are doing this kind of work you might be better off with
sodipodi or inkscape

Thanks. I'll look at these but for now I'll see if I can get gimp to do it.

-------------------------------

From: Grant Sewell <dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Method 1:
---------
Make sure the colour map dialogue is showing.
Image --> Mode --> RGB
Click on the fill (spilling bucket) icon.
Use the colour map dialogue to change the forecolour to your chosen
shade of green.
Click on the background.
Use the colour map dialogue to change the background colour to white.

The first operation changes the colour of the whole image and the
second has no effect. At this stage it seems not to have the idea of
foreground and background (unlike an image where you start with a
background and draw on it). I might get this method to work but I
skipped on to the next reply
-------------------------------

From: Julian Hall <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Is this TheGIMP 1.x or 2?

It is 1.2.3

In both (I just checked :) ) you could use the "select contiguous
regions"

I don't have this option but I do have Select -> By Color and this
does the same thing. I had got this far already but had no idea where
to go next. I see now that having selected an area of one colur I can
bucket fill it. So I selected the white area and changed this to green
then the black area and changed it to white. Bingo!.

To see the final (well provisional) result see

http://www.ntqc.org.uk

Thanks guys.

Tony Sumner