Re: [LUG] BT Broadband speed increase

On Sunday 13 February 2005 1:37 am, Alan Bruce wrote:
I realize that the Eclipse basic offering at £14.99 / month is a lot
cheaper, but I for one would/do definitely use more than 1GB / month (only
2 cds of your favourite distro for example).

But who upgrades their distribution every month???

You might need that if you are running a local Debian mirror but ordinary
users are being invited to pay for more than the majority will ever need.

I don't even use the full bandwidth of my 512 connection, let alone need more.
I do download lots of files but they are all CVS trees of a max of 5Mb. Even
doing that 4 times a day, every day, is not a problem for the cheaper
connection.

Think carefully about how much bandwidth you actually use before going for the
more expensive options - most people don't download gigabytes of anything in
a month.

Anybody got any better options ?

Eclipse are better overall - they don't need the odd good report to
counter-balance the many bad, they don't get bad reports in the first place!

--

Neil Williams