Re: [LUG] Progress Report

On Sunday 13 February 2005 11:43, Neil Williams wrote:
On Sunday 13 February 2005 1:19 am, Anton Channing wrote:
On Saturday 12 February 2005 19:00, Julian Hall wrote:
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Creat
iv e+
Labs&card=Sound+Blaster+Audigy2+ZS+Platinum+Pro.&chip=emu10k2%2C+P17&mo
du le= emu10k1

Hmm, got as far as here:

chaoshex5:/usr/src/alsa# cp /downloads/alsa-*
cp: missing destination file
Try `cp --help' for more information.

You need to say where to copy all those files, you probably missed the .
. means the current directory.

$ cp ../onefile.txt .
means copy the file from the directory above into this directory. That . is
vital.

Oops, I think I missed a stage.  Thats what I get for trying
to do this at 1am. :/

I need to actually download the files.  I'm currently looking
at a mirror and am confronted by a large collection of
directories:

- apps - conf - cvsexport - cvsroot - datasheets - driver
- firmware - kernel-patches - lib - lib++ - mail-archive
- manager - manuals - oss-lib - others - people - testing
- tools - utils -

I'm afraid I'm going to have to confess to being a little
lost here.  What am I looking for?

Anton