Re: [LUG] Mandrake 10.1 hangs on boot

Peter Walker wrote:

If they are in /etc/fstab then it will probably try to mount. Have you tried removing them?

Pete

Hi All,

SUCCESS!

I tried removing them earlier Peter, but that was when the drive was mounted as Read Only. Tried it again just now. Ironically the first new mail I got was your suggesting the very same :)

A combination of booting in Knoppix, unmounting and then remounting the drive (as root) as RW then editing the FSTAB to remove the offending shares.

I am now happily mailing you from Mandrake again!

Thank you everyone for your help :)

Kind regards,

Julian