Re: [LUG] Mandrake 10.1 hangs on boot

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 2:31 pm, Julian Hall wrote:
Neil Williams wrote:
This can happen with NFS mounts IF you don't unmount the device before
shutting down the other machine.

Doh.. something to remember seeing as the NFS mounts are laptop based.
Thanks for the tip!

It's only because I've hit the same issue - it's not fun!

No apology necessary I'm grateful for the help!  LILO didn't pause
though (CTRL-X wasn't having any of it!)

If it's dual-boot, you should have some kind of LILO menu, that's when you can
get access to the LILO boot prompt - any time before it does:
etc.

How do you select the other OS to boot otherwise?

Don't forget the passphrase in /etc/lilo.conf

--

Neil Williams