[LUG] 2 Questions

Hi all

Today I have 2 questions,

1.  We are moving house to an area where we can only use a dial up connection.  We
are contracted into BT for the next 9 months.  I remember giving up trying to
connect a linux box to the internet via a dial up modem, I think because BT is just
not compatible. Is that still the case, or if it is possible can anyone offer any
advice.

2. Even with one of BT's adsl modems I can't connect directly so the my linux is
connected via a windows machine.  Unfortunately I cannot view any web pages (error
message reads 'www.////.com could not be found. Please check the name and try
again') but I know it is connected because I can download stuff thru limewire.  I
know there is a simple solution but I don't know what it is.

All help or advice gratefuly received
Aaron