Re: [LUG] Food and Meeting, parking and suse 9.2 64bit XF86

Paul Sutton wrote:
As far as I know the chip shop at the end of queens Road is open on thursday in case anyone wants food. I can bring along some biscuits, The bar is open for drinks.

I Think it may be a busy evening with quite a few people turning up, Any one who has been here before during the rugby season will know the parking problems as the council won't let anyone park in the ground itself, But as we are starting at 7 and people are getting lifts, then hopefully this won't be much of an issue.

I have also just downloaded XF86 64bit for suse 9.2 (rpms) for anyone who wants them, using ftp, so I hope everything works, ok as I have never downloaded stuff from ftp before (upload yes),

Paul

I take it you downloaded the RPMs rather than an ISO from the site?

I could bring along a copy of the Suse 9.2 DVD ISO which is on their site, its about 3GB and appears to install both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Suse 9.2 (I'm running the X86_64 version) however it doesn't seem to include as much as the retail box versions so the RPM's off the FTP site would probably fill in whats missing.

Not sure if anyone is going to have a DVD writer at the meeting, I can't bring along my PC this time as I'm relying on public transport and my PC is a tad heavy :-(

Rob