[LUG] ACPI Driver for Packard Bell laptop

Hi All;

I've just installed Mandrake 10.1 Community Edition (2.6 kernel) onto my
Packard Bell 4451 laptop from a recent Linux Format cover DVD, which is
all working fine apart from the ACPI hardware. There's no battery
monitor/icon on the task bar, and the ACPI options in the system set-up
dialogs complain about missing/not-working ACPI drivers.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find these elusive
driver(s)? I'm sorry I don't know anything about the actual hardware - any
way I can "probe" it to find out?

Also, Mandrake has mounted my FAT32 partition fine, except that only ROOT
has read-write access to it; normal users (i.e. me) are read-only. Do I
need to change something in /etc/fstab, and if so, what? Don't want to
have to "su" every time I need to save some work.

Have just rejoined the list after being away in New York since
mid-November. Did I miss anything?! I notice you went with the name change
to GLUG - an admirable step!

BTW: Some Debian 3 advocacy; deployed a mail server at the school using
Debian 3, Exim & Squirrelmail during summer 2004, which has now been
running continuously ever since .. 180 days and counting. Glorious!

jeremypearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx:~$ top
17:19:59 up 180 days,  7:57,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
CPU states:   0.0% user,   0.2% system,   0.0% nice,  99.8% idle
Mem:    257344K total,   247596K used,     9748K free,   116252K buffers
Swap:   626524K total,        0K used,   626524K free,    54748K cached

Regards;
Jeremy

--
Jeremy Pearson