Re: [LUG] 64 bit Linux

Julian Hall wrote:
My new laptop has an AthlonXP-M 3000+ which is a 64 bit CPU. I'd like to test its' capabilities with a 64 bit Linux distro. Any recommendations please?

Athlon XP, do you mean Athlon 64-M 3000+?

I'm using Suse 9.2 64-bit edition. I downloaded it from a Suse FTP mirror. The image I got is a DVD image (about 3.5GB download I think) and it has the option for 32-bit and 64-bit installation by the looks of things. It also seems to run both 32-bit and 64-bit apps without much if any messing about which I had with Fedora Core 2 (x86_64).

Rob