Re: [LUG] OT Probabilities

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 23:27, Neil Williams wrote:
If I win a game (against the computer), on average, 1 time in 4, how do I
calculate the probability of winning more than three games in a row?

It is a series or a multiplication ... but you should define what the
trial is more closely...

If the question is the probability of winning 4 games in a row ... as
some part of an infinite series of trials or a series you continue until
that end-point, then the probability is so close to unity as to ignore
the difference.

If the question is "in a series of 4 games, what is the probability that
all 4 will be won by ..." then I think it is just
1/4  * 1/4  * 1/4  * 1/4  = 1/256

But its a bit late for such things.,..